We will discuss on this blog the possibility of changing the view name using the Power Automate Cloud Flows. This idea comes from the fact that I am frequently asked to change the naming of the views. In fact, one of my clients tags all his views with division names. So, when changing the division name, I have to update the corresponding tag in each view.
For example, for the Account table, I have the following views:
- (Old Division) Active Account
- (Old Division) My Active Account
- (Old Division) Accounts Being Followed
The objective is to change the (Old Division) tag by (New Division) in all account entity’s views.
How does it work?
- A System View corresponds to a row in the SavedQuery table.
- SavedQuery’s row can be updated by CDS (Current Environement) Connector.
- Custimization can be published by the OOB PublishXml action.
Cloud Flow steps in detail:
//Get All Account's System Views tagged by (Old Division) Filter Row: contains(name, '%Old Division%') and returnedtypecode eq 'account'
Name Expression: replace(items('Apply_to_each')?['name'],'Old Division','New Division')
One thought on “I’m lazy, I don’t want to manually change the view names anymore, thanks Cloud Flows!”